So, what is the future of work - and what role will universities have in that future?

This was the question put to me by the University of Canterbury recently. UC wanted me to speak at their Rongo o te Wā event, a 2-day conference for Career Advisors and International Directors from schools all over NZ to learn more about UC and Ōtautahi Christchurch, New Zealand, as a study destination for their students.

Interesting -  3 subjects in one: an intro to futures thinking (and how futurists do not make predictions about the future), then the future of work, and basically, the future role of universities, and I had to fit all of this into a mere 30-40 minutes. No pressure then!

Anyway, I got started and with some ruthless editing, rewriting, and fast-talking on the day, I managed to deliver it to the attendees. As any exploration of the future should also discuss inclusion and who sits at the table, I saved that part of the discussion until the end and used my AI colleague as a prompt for that. 

It was gratifying that my talk was rated as one of the highlights of the event.

 I've added my slides from my talk (as a movie) below.







Comments

Popular Posts